NEED A NEW BED?
If you find it difficult to fall asleep, toss and turn throughout the night, and carry fatigue with you throughout your working day, then you may need a new bed. Visit The Bed Shop in Rustenburg!
One third of our lives are spent lying on a mattress that should provide back support and a good night’s rest, which is essential for stable relationships and a healthy living.
FIND OUT IF YOU ARE SLEEP DEPRIVED
- Wish you had more energy?
- Get morning headaches?
- Often feel sleepy and struggle to remain alert?
- Constantly worrying and have trouble relaxing?
- Often feel sad, depressed, grumpy or irritable?
- Have trouble concentrating and remembering?
- When angry or surprised, feel like your muscles are going limp?
- Often feel drowsy whilst driving?
- Feel like being in a daze?
- Fallen asleep in social settings such as movies or at a party?
- Have trouble at work or school because of sleepiness?
- Have “sleep attacks” during the day no matter how hard you try to stay awake?
- Often fall asleep watching TV?
- Slow on problem solving and creativity?
DO YOU NEED A NEW BED? – ANSWER THESE 7 SIMPLE QUESTIONS
- Does your mattress look lumpy?
- Does your mattress sag where you lie, or at the edges?
- Is any wire or padding sticking through the cover?
- Is the cover torn, soiled or stained?
- Does your mattress make a noise when you lie on it?
- Do you and your partner lie comfortably alongside each other?
- Does your base have an uneven or sagging surface?
If you answered yes to more than 1 of these questions then it is definitely time to buy a new bed! Remember, it is the most important piece of furniture in your home as it has a direct impact on your quality of life.
If you answered yes to 3 or more questions then you could be sleep deprived.
IMPORTANT CONSIDERATIONS WHEN BUYING A BED
Your mattress should ease tension and help you relax.
A good mattress should support your body at all points and keep your spine straight.
Clinical studies have shown that the average person tosses and turns up to 100 times a night. Rather buy a wider and/or longer than standard mattress for ease of movement.
The most expensive mattress is not necessarily the answer, rather buy the one that suits your own unique body shape and unique posture.
This choice will, after all, impact directly upon your health, relationships, potential career and success.
KNOWING WHICH IS THE RIGHT BED FOR YOU
For years, we’ve heard that firmer is better when it comes to the surface we sleep on. But a recent study found that people who slept on medium-firm mattresses had fewer lower backaches than those who slept on firm ones.
To find a medium-firm mattress, lie on one in the showroom for 5 to 10 minutes on your back and sides. It should hug your body without sagging at all. If there are gaps between any part of your body and the mattress, it is too firm. If it sags, or if a second person on the bed causes you to dip towards the centre, it’s too soft.